Guide Service Description Policies
Mad River Ogutfitters is proud to offer a complete professional guide service on Ohio local waters for trout, smallmouth, largemouth, steelhead, muskie and carp. We offer a licensed guide service for the Erie and Ontario tributaries in MI, PA and NY as well.. We now also feature the Erie/Ontario guiding talents of Steelhead Alley Outfitters.
Our original specialty, Mad River guide trips, offer a unique option with a float trip for brown trout in our AuSable and Hyde river boats. We also guide for trout on the Clearfork River near Mansfield.
Canoe and Kayak trips for Smallmouth Bass also available on several productive waters such as the Kokosing, Scioto and Darbys. Smallie fishing in Ohio just might surprise you!
Spending a day one-on-one with one of our guides can literally take years off of your learning curve! Our guide trips are geared towards learning advanced techniques while in hot pursuit of fish. Read below for some further details on Mad River Outfitters Fly Fishing Guide Service.
- Gear can be provided with prior arrangement- waders typically not
- Although our guides carry plenty of flies- it is expected that you would have a basic selection which will be recommended
- Guide trips may or may not include lunch and typically DO NOT, please make prior arrangements with your guide on this and consult the "Trip Information" for details.
- Fee based on an eight hour day
- Tipping of guides is appreciated
More Important Info:
- For all guide trips, we require a 50% deposit at the time of booking and the balance is due thirty days prior to the trip.
- All and any cancellations must be made within thirty days. If you need to cancel for any reason, we will make every effort to re-book your spot on that particular day. However, if we are unable to find another client to fill your spot, we will not be able to return your deposit/payment and full payment will be required. There is a $20.00 fee for all cancelled guide trips.
- We hope that you understand the necessity for this policy to insure that we can continue to run our trips and classes on a sound financial basis. We realize that emergencies do happen and please know that we will make every effort to re-book your spot, but if we don't, we must uphold this policy.
- We do not make our sole living off of guide trips...therefore...it does not behoove us to take you fishing when conditions are not right. In other words, we won't fish you if we don't think the fishing will be worthwhile.
- In the case of weather/poor fishing cancellations, we will try to re-book you for another day or another time. If we cannot do that to your approval, you will be entitled to a full refund of your deposit/payment.