Bob Meiser has been in the forefront of popularizing and refining blank designs for the Switch Rod concept of fly rods since the mid 1990s. His expertise with this unique family of rods is well established within the two handed rod community.
Bob's original concept has been universally accepted over the past decade and teaming up with Mike Kinney in design and application for these new rods has now taken the concept to the next level. TFO has used their proprietary Axiom material lay-up process for these blanks (kevlar in the pre-preg). These are extremely lightweight, durable, thoughtfully designed fly rods with superb performance......Best defined simply as: "Totally efficient delivery tools."
"Switch Rods" are multi-task fly rods specifically designed to allow a variety of both single and two handed caster options. The primary goal of the switch rod is to allow the caster the ability to achieve maximum targeted forward distance with the least amount of expended energy. Deer Creek Switch rods feature deep translucent blue blanks accentuated with silver script and copper tipping, sculpted Flor grade cork and decorative burl grips, gun-metal up-locking reel seats with cushioned hoods and large titanium oxide stripping guides. Each rod is marked with design factored grain windows to aid the angler in line selection.
We are really excited about the new Deer Creek Switch Rods from TFO! These things are really cool and open up some new and exciting fly fishing opportunities everywhere.
All models of TFO Deer Creek Switch Rods featured here:
TF 04 110 4 DC SWITCH 4 Wt. 11'-0" 4pc 6.5 oz 200-400 grains
TF 05 110 4 DC SWITCH 5 Wt. 11'-0" 4pc 6.55 oz 250-450 grains
TF 06 110 4 DC SWITCH 6 Wt. 11'-0" 4pc 6.65 oz 300-500 grains
TF 07 110 4 DC SWITCH 7 Wt. 11'-0" 4pc 7.0 oz 350-550 grains
TF 08 110 4 DC SWITCH 8 Wt. 11'-0" 4pc 7.25 oz 400-600 grains
TF 09 110 4 DC SWITCH 9 Wt. 11'-0" 4pc 7.6 oz 500-700 grains
As with all TFO fly rods, these rods come with a rod sack and feature TFO's Unconditional LIfetime Warranty. $25.00 repair charge and 24 hour turnaround!
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
A relaxed fit with generous proportions allowing ample freedom of movement. Suitable for the countryside or the city.
|Chest size (inches)
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: