Lifting power is the name of the game on the offshore grounds, and TFO’s hybrid S-glass in combination with IM6 graphite are built to do battle. If you’re chasing brutes like billfish, tuna, trevally and sharks, the TFO Bluewater Fly Rods are the sticks you want to have in your arsenal. Of course, getting the fly to the fish is a vital part of the game, and you’ll find that this series can deliver the goods from pint-sized poppers to feather duster-like streamers.
To provide increased power and durability, we put our blue water blanks through the TiCr coating process twice. The top-quality components include up locking reel seats, Flor grade cork, a full wells grip with a fore grip and a unique blue granite finish. The Baby and Light Duty rods utilize snake and titanium oxide stripping guides. Our Medium Duty and battlewagon Heavy Duty rods have aluminum oxide inserts on all guides including tip tops. Both of these rods now feature a continuous composite cork handle for greater comfort and durability. For 2013, the Heavy Duty is now a 4-piece rod utilizing a revolutionary new reverse-ferrule design. In big game fishing where second-rate gear is quickly relegated to the junk pile, it’s all-important to equip yourself with the right stuff. Get into the contest with rods that truly live up to their name: TFO’s Bluewater series.
All models of TFO Bluewater Series Fly Rods listed here:
TF BW BABY 8-10 Wt. 9'-0" 4pc 7.7 oz 300 - 400 grains
* does not have a fore-grip like the rest
TF BW LD 10-12 Wt. 9'-0" 4pc 7.9 oz 400 - 500 grains
TF BW MD 13-15 Wt. 8'-6" 4pc 8.0 oz 500 - 650 grains
TF BW HD 16+ Wt. 8'-6" 4pc 8.1 oz 700 - 1000 grains
As with all TFO fly rods, Bluewater series rods come with a rod sack and feature TFO's Unconditional LIfetime Warranty. $25.00 repair charge and 24 hour turnaround!
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: