1976 was a hallmark year for the fly fishing world. It was then that Ted Juracsik introduced his first Anti-Reverse Tarpon Reel designated the Billy Pate.
No other reel has matched the Billy Pate's durability and dependability day in day out, year after year, regardless of conditions, locale or species. This precision piece of equipment is designed and constructed to withstand the most demanding fly fishing environments. As with all reels that leave Ted's shop, the Billy Pate is virtually maintenance free.
While there are over 225 World Records that attest to its performance, you don't have to be interested in records to appreciate this reel. If you know your fly fishing history, you know this is the reel that set the hook.
* Classic Anti-Reverse design with Satin Gold Frame and Jet Black Spool.
* Corresponding Game Fish Engraving on each model.
* Made from solid aluminum bar stock.
* Each reel is serialized for identification and protection.
* Rim control for addition braking on all models
* Custom engraving is available. Please contact us for pricing and time of delivery.
* Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy and safe storage
* These come set-up for Left Hand retrieve- if you need Right Hand please just let us know and we'll make the switch
* Spools available for $216.00....just let us know if you need one!
* Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
After each use, Billy Pate reels should be rinsed thoroughly in fresh water. All reels are lubricated at the factory prior to assembly and relubrication is generally not necessary. Tibor Graphite Lube may be used to lubricate the cork drag disc. Complete warranty and maintenance information is included with each reel.
Service Tool Information
A service tool is included with all new Billy Pate Fly Reels.The tool facilitates quick spool changes or futher takedowns. Features of the service tool include:
A wrench for the star nut over the handle on anti-reverse models.
A properly sized screwdriver blade to prevent screw head damage.
Billy Pate Bonefish Fly Reel
Frame Size: 3 1/2" x 1 5/8"
300 yds. with WF7F
285 yds. with WF8F
275 yds. with WF9F
All with 20 lb. backing
Rod Weights: 7-8-9
Species: Salmon, Steelhead, Bonefish, Redfish, Dorado, Small Tarpon
Want line and backing on that? Simply pick your fly line and tell us to "Line it Up" in the Order Notes along with Right or Left hand retrieve. We'll put the correct amount of backing on the reel and load it up properly...for FREE.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.