The Ross Evolution R Fly Reels are like no other.
Machining a fly reel is as much art as it is skill. Just as a perfect loop flying over the water is a thing of beauty crafted by the caster, the Evolution R is the culmination of our engineers’ and machinists’ artistic and technical prowess.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippet. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in a fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
* ULTRALIGHT WEIGHT- All models less than 4.5 oz and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
* SEALED DRAG- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system | Proprietary carbon fiber and stainless steel disc stack
* STAINLESS STEEL INTERNALS- All internal components are machined stainless steel
* CUSTOM HANDLE MATERIAL- Fully machined canvas phenolic rod, resting on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post yields reduced weight and increased grip when wet
* FINISH- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
* CONNECTION AND CONVERSION- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
* FLY LINE COVERAGE- 3wt. - 8wt.
* FISHING APPLICATION- Designed for use in all freshwater and warmwater fishing environments
* AVAILABLE COLORS- Matte Black and Platinum
* Please note that we only stock the spools for the 5/6 and 7/8 (listed here as options). Need one for the 3/4 or 4/5 just let us know. We can get them for you.
Ross Evolution R 3/4 Arbor Width: .975" Diamter: 3.425" Weight: 4.34 oz. Line Weight: 3-4 Capacity: WF3 + 90
Ross Evolution R 4/5 Arbor Width: .975" Diamter: 3.525" Weight: 4.40 oz. Line Weight: 4-5 Capacity: WF4 + 95
Ross Evolution R 5/6 Arbor Width: .975" Diamter: 3.775" Weight: 4.41 oz. Line Weight: 5-6 Capacity: WF5 + 110
Ross Evolution R 7/8 Arbor Width: .975" Diamter: 4.025" Weight: 4.48 oz. Line Weight: 7-8 Capacity: WF8 + 160
Want line and backing on that? Simply pick your fly line and tell us to "Line it Up" in the Order Notes along with Right or Left hand retrieve. We'll put the correct amount of backing on the reel and load it up properly...for FREE.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.