Sage's European Style Nymph (ESN) rod is designed to fish most styles of European tournament nymph fishing. Whether it is Czech, Polish, French or Spanish nymph fishing, this style of short line, contact nymph fishing is quickly gaining popularity in North America.
ESN fishing is a highly effective method of catching fish in high-pressure streams where trout are weary of anglers. The ESN has a brand new taper which is made with a unique compound tapered mandrel. This light-weight rod has a completely new slim profile and a very supple, sensitive tip. This combination allows the angler to feel the take and still have the power to quickly set the hook.
**We have also been using these for indicator style fishing on small creeks around here including the Mad. They are excellent light nymphing rods...even with an indicator and shot etc. This may well be the most exciting rod introduction for 2012!
* Medium action
* Konnetic technology construction
* Forest Green shaft color
* Dark Green primary thread wraps with Gold trim wraps
* Fuji ceramic stripper guides
* Hard chromed snake guides
* High grade, custom tapered shaped half-wells cork handle
* Cocobolo wood reel seat insert with Dark Nickel colored aluminum reel seat components
* Evergreen colored powder coated aluminum tube with Gold components and Gold silk screened logo
All SAGE ESN fly rod models are featured here!
2100-4 ESN- 10' 2wt 4pc and weighs 2 13/16 oz
3100-4 ESN- 10' 3wt 4pc and weighs 2 7/8 oz
3110-4 ESN- 11' 3wt 4pc and weighs 3 1/2 oz (grip #2 and butt)
4100-4 ESN- 10' 4wt 4pc and weighs 2 15/16 oz
5100-4 ESN- 10' 5wt 4pc and weighs 3 oz
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: