Despite its beautiful flowers sometimes anglers find themselves losing flies to the overreaching branches of the rhododendron. They developed the Rhodo™, a rod that can be fished short when things get tight, or longer when the stream opens up.
The Tenkara USA Rhodo™ is the lightest feeling tenkara rod they make. With several years of design experience under their belts and feedback from their users, they feel they have achieved what they set out to do: give you a rod that is super light-weight, durable, versatile and feels very precise. Plus, they wanted to design a rod that would make it easy to answer "which tenkara rod should I get?".
The Rhodo has two patent pending features:
* Triple-zoom: this allows you to use the rod at three different lengths - 8’10”/ 9’9”/10’6” = 270/297/320cm. Since Tenkara USA began, people have been asking for a sub-9ft tenkara rod. They felt that a short rod could come in handy in some cases but for the most part anglers would miss the advantage that comes from fishing with a long tenkara rod. So, they developed a rod that could be the best of both worlds: short when you need it, long when you want it!
* Keep your Plug ™ system (patent pending): We're all very excited about this very simple yet innovative feature. After hearing that no one has ever been able to keep their tenkara rod plug for longer than a year we decided we should find a solution for you to never lose your plug again. They designed the “Keep your plug”™ system. Next time you go fishing, remove the plug from the top end of your rod and insert it into the hole at the bottom of your rod. The Rhodo will come with two plugs on the rod; please leave one at home in case you ever need it.
* Weight: 2.1 oz (59.5 g);
* Closed length: 21”(53.3cm);
* Open lengths: 8’10”/ 9’9”/10’6” (270/297/320cm)*;
* Handle length: 9”(22.9cm);
* There may be slight discrepancies in their extended length of tenkara rods
ACTION: They are phasing out the Tenkara rod index system. Tenkara USA have decided that they will make the best tenkara rods around and the flex of a tenkara rod is not a crucial aspect of selecting a tenkara rod. If you have been tenkara fishing for sometime and want a frame of reference, the Rhodo is a fast 6:4
The Tenkara USA Rhodo comes with a really cool rod tube. Also available as a kit option."Kit" Includes a #4.5 level line, and a 10.5' Traditional Tenkara Line....everything you need to get started in Tenkara. The kit is listed as an option above in the drop down menu.
*Every rod is backed by the Tenkara USA warranty and excellent customer service. In case of problems, please contact us for the quickest solution on getting your rod fixed. Typically only shipping charges may apply and we may be able to send you the parts to fix the rod yourself. Please use only tippet of 7lbs (~3.5kg) breaking strength or less, and please read the instructions on how to use the rods.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you (no need to buy backing)..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: