Tenkara Sato Rod
SKU # SATO-
The Tenkara USA Sato™ rod is named after Mr. Ernest Satow, an avid mountaineer who was the first person to make a written record of tenkara. The Sato is a compact and lightweight tenkara rod. At its shorter length it is perfect for tighter streams, and at its full length it will be ideal when the stream opens up again or when you find a bigger pool to cast your fly.
With several years of design experience under their belts and feedback from their users, Tenkara USA feels they have achieved what they et out to do: give you a rod that is super light-weight, durable, versatile and feels very precise. Plus, they wanted to design a rod that would make it easy to answer "which tenkara rod should I get?".
The Sato™ has two patent pending features:
* Triple-zoom: this allows you to use the rod at three different lengths - 10’8”/ 11’10”/12’9” (330/360/390cm). The average length for a tenkara rod is 12ft long, we like to recommend rods that are closer to 13ft, yet many people are intimidated by such long lengths for rods intended for smaller streams. So, they felt a rod with the 3 most common lengths would be an easy choice: short to ease you into tenkara, long to give you a taste of the advantages presented by a long tenkara rod.
* Keep your Plug ™ system (patent pending): We're all very excited about this very simple yet innovative feature. After hearing that no one has ever been able to keep their tenkara rod plug for longer than a year, Tenkara decided they should find a solution for you to never lose your plug again. They designed the “Keep your plug”™ system. Next time you go fishing, remove the plug from the top end of your rod and insert it into the hole at the bottom of your rod. The Sato™ will come with two plugs on the rod; please leave one at home in case you ever need it.
* Weight: 2.6 oz (73.7 g);
* Closed length: 22 ¾”(57.78cm);
* Open lengths: 10’8”/ 11’10”/12’9” (330/360/390cm)*;
* Handle length:10 ½”(26.7cm);
* There may be slight discrepancies in their extended length of tenkara rods
ACTION: They are phasing out the Tenkara rod index system. They have decided that they will make the best tenkara rods around and the flex of a tenkara rod is not a crucial aspect of selecting a tenkara rod. If you have been tenkara fishing for sometime and want a frame of reference, the Sato is a fast 6:4.
The Tenkara USA Sato comes with a really cool rod tube. "Kit" Includes a #4.5 level line, a 10.5' Traditional Tenkara Line and 3 each of the 4 Tenkara USA Flies. Also available without flies.
*Every rod is backed by the Tenkara USA warranty and excellent customer service. In case of problems, please contact us for the quickest solution on getting your rod fixed. Typically only shipping charges may apply and we may be able to send you the parts to fix the rod yourself. Please use only tippet of 7lbs (~3.5kg) breaking strength or less, and please read the instructions on how to use the rods.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page.