Orvis is driven by constant improvement....and they are certainly out to prove it here with the Helios 2 Switch Rods. Put this rod in your hands and feel the rush. You'll completely understand.
You stand on the brink of madness, shooting cast after cast through the driving snow in sub-zero temperatures. They say steelhead are the fish of 1,000 casts and, even though you're not counting, you swear you're approaching 5,000. Sometimes, you're not sure why you do it. But in those moments of doubt, visions of wild hens covered in sea lice—living sculptures made of pure sterling silver—scream through your mind, their dazzling pink cheeks and humble beginnings in the very water in which you stand trigger your reflexes. Cast, step, repeat; cast, step, repeat. Then you think to yourself, who's counting anyway? Get 11 feet closer to your next affirmation with the Helios 2. Proudly made in Manchester, Vermont.
* 20% stronger than the original Helios
* 20% lighter in hand
* 100% increase in tip-impact strength
* Fine-tuned tapers for unrivaled tracking, accuracy, and lifting power
* Features the Orvis Unconditional 25 year guarantee and a wildly cool and lightweight rod tube
* All models of Orvis Helios 2 Switch Rods are featured here
Make it an outfit? You select a reel and fly line and we'll load it up properly and put the backing on the reel for FREE. Click Here for the details.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: