You didn’t become an expert caster just to say you did. And you didn’t do it overnight, either. You practiced, fished hard, and got better because you wanted to catch more fish, more often. You paid your dues, and you met the fish on their own terms, which meant getting the fly out to places they felt the safest: out of the range of merely average casts. Fast action rods have always been a part of your success, and the Sage METHOD gives you more of what you love most. Like our fastest line speeds to punch through the wind and to carry the biggest, bulkiest, heaviest flies in your box out to where they can strut their stuff.
* Konnetic Technology®
* Ultra-fast action
* Magma red shaft color
* Rust primary thread wraps with Pewter and Black trim wraps
* Fuji ceramic stripping guides
* Large, heavy duty hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
* Freshwater 4 - 6 weights
* Cocobolo wood insert and polished Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
* Super Plus Snub-nose, half-wells cork handle
* Saltwater 6 - 10 weights
* Polished Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
* Super Plus Full-wells handle with fighting butt
* Black rod bag with Magma Red colored logo and model tag
* Fusion Red powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
All models of the Sage Method Fly Rods featured here:
490-4 METHOD 9' 0" 4wt 2 9/16 oz
590-4 METHOD 9' 0" 5wt 2 5/8 oz
690-4 METHOD 9' 0" 6wt 3 oz
691-4 METHOD 9' 0" 6wt 3 1/8 oz
697-4 METHOD 9' 6" 6wt 3 1/2 oz
790-4 METHOD 9' 0" 7wt 3 9/16 oz
796-4 METHOD 9' 6" 7wt 3 11/16 oz
7100-4 METHOD 10'0" 7wt 3 15/16 oz
890-4 METHOD 9' 0" 8wt 3 3/4 oz
990-4 METHOD 9' 0" 9wt 3 15/16 oz
1090-4 METHOD 9' 0" 10wt 4 1/4 oz
1190-4 METHOD 9' 0" 11wt 4 7/8 oz
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
Sage Method Rod from Far Bank on Vimeo.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: