For decades Flip Pallot has shared his knowledge, enthusiasm and friendship with countless anglers in the pursuit of some of the most wary and challenging fish around the world. From spellbound anglers tuning into The Walker's Cay Chronicles to those who have been fortunate enough to share a boat with him, most all would agree that Flip's experiences have enriched us, made us better anglers and made us better stewards of the environment. And now he's sharing his experience once more through the new Mangrove serieis rods from Temple Fork Outfitters.
Built with the hardcore angler in mind, the Mangrove series fly rods utilize TFO's proprietary TiCr blank coating, which helps protect the rod from the occaisional collision with a weighted fly, and TFO's proprietary Tactical Guides, which are braid and saltwater safe....plus they can't break or pop out like traditional ceramic guides. The unique non-glare chestnut colored blank features a full-wells grip with an instant rod weight burled cork ID system, fighting butts on the 6 through 10 and 12 weight, and cleverly machined hook keeps on eash side of the aluminum up-locking reel seat.
"Super technical, magnum taper rods are not always the right choice for all anglers in real fishing situations. A rod that anglers can feel and can re-present a fishing cast (especially along shorelines) is what is often needed. This is the genesis of the Mangrove family of TFO rods; they are, very simply, fishing tools that have been developed slowly and carefully in the crucible or real, honest fishing situations.....not on a drawing board!"- Flip Pallot
All TFO Mangrove Series fly rods are listed here and come with a rod sock. Rod tubes sold seperately.
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: