Tenkara fans rejoice! This is one super cool Tenkara rod. The Cutthroat from Temple Fork Outfitters comes in at a mere 8'6" making it the shortest Tenkara rod on the market. Folks have been asking for this and here it is.
Looking for the ultimate in simpliciy and presentation? Check out the TFO Soft Hackle Tenkara rods. Based on a traditional Japanese method of fishing using only a rod, line and fly, tenkara fishing permits anglers to make precise casts, delicate presentations and manipulate their fly with extreme ease.
Telescoping down to 20 inches, and then out to 8'6", the TFO Soft Hackle "Cutthroat" rod is perfect for the backpacking angler and those looking to use Tenkara in very tight quarters.
The TFO Cutthroat Tenkara rod comes with a spare tip and second section and line holder built into the rod sock to help organize your line when not in use.
TFO Soft Hackle Tenkara- Cutthroat- 8'6" Tenkara Rod
KIT comes with a 3.5 Level line and a 10'6" Traditional Tenkara Line
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: