There's a new species atop the saltwater food chain! The 8000 PRO Series fly reels from Sage.
Built upon the proven foundation of their 6000 series, the all-new and larger 8000 Pro is designed for tackling big-game saltwater species. The 8000 Pro gives you a new dimension of fish-stopping power via an integrated, secondary drag control mechanism, to fine-tune and calibrate your drag. With its unique two-stage drag control, you can dial-up new degrees of fish-fighting resistance at the high end, in anticipation of the species you're targeting. Simultaneously, you can set your preferred line resistance at the drag's low end, to prevent over-stripping as you take line for your cast. It's all one smooth and exceedingly powerful drag system, enhanced with a greater range of resistance settings provided by the secondary drag control mechanism. Sorry, fish.....
- * The 8000 PRO Series features a robust SCS cassette drag system
- * Primary, single rotation drag knob with numbered settings 1-20
- * Secondary drag control mechanism fine-tunes drag resistance, A to E settings
- * Innovative quick-change spool mechanism
- * Broad, concave palming rim for elective fingertip control
- * Grooved frame for securing line when not casting
- * Ballistic cloth and neoprene reel case
- * Easy coversion for left-to right-hand retrieve
- * Color is Storm here but we can also get for you in Stealth
- The SAGE 8080 Fly Reel is rated for 7-8 wt fly lines. It weighs 9 1/2 ounces and will hold 250 yards of 20lb backing
The SAGE 8010 Fly Reel is rated for 9-10 wt fly lines. It weighs 10 1/3 ounces and will hold 250 yards of 30lb backing
The SAGE 8012 Fly Reel is rated for 11-12 wt fly lines. It weighs 11 ounces and will hold 300 yards of 30lb backing
All Sage 8000 Series fly reels and spools are listed here!