Available since 1999 in a size for every fish that swims, the Abel Super Series has proven itself time and again as the premier American-made reel. While there have been various improvements and adjustments over the years, there are things that have never changed. Specifically, a super-smooth, infinitely adjustable cork drag married to a strong, lightweight aluminum frame and large spool for increased line retrieval speed.
This drag is what makes the Super Series equally at home on the trout stream, the salt flats, and demanding deep blue water: it can be set light enough to protect the finest tippet, but can also be cranked down to "stop a sub" power to slow the fastest bluefin. No matter what species you prefer to chase, a Super Series reel is there to help you land it!
* Reel frame, spool, drag knob and foot are 6061-T651 cold-finished aerospace grade aluminum
* Buna sealed micro-bearings are ISO 9001:200 and AS9100 certified FAA TSO C149 aircraft bearings
* Cork drag system is made entirely in their own factory from superior high grade cork
* Double Pawl System; Advantages over single pawl system include: increased reliability, back-up strength and unique sound.
* Best of all...this reel is made entirely in the U.S......even the screws are machined at the Abel shop in Camarillo, California!
Abel Super 4N Large Arbor
| Spool diameter
| Spool Width
| Hub Diameter
Line + Yards
4 125 20#
5 100 20#
The Abel Super 4N available here in the custom Brown Trout Graphic!
Perhaps their most recognized feature, Abel has been a leader in custom aluminum anodization for the better part of two decades. Their proprietary process is not only unique, but unmatched in the industry. Each of their artistic and fish graphic reels is HAND PAINTED by their skilled artists in-house, with each color and scale painstakingly added. They are then finished with a Type II anodiziation for both strength and longevity.