Since 1994 in Columbus, Ohio
- 0 Items
TOLL FREE: 1-888-451-0363
Fly Lines and Backing
Leaders and Tippets
Gear and Accessories
FLIES, Flies, FLIES!
Fly Tying Department
Waders and Boots
Vests and Chest Packs
Fly Fishing Books, Maps and DVD's
Fly Fishing Apparel
Hats and Gloves
Sunglasses and Eyewear
Fishing Luggage and Gear Bags
Gifts, Watches, Wallets
Fly Fishing Trips
Getting Started in Fly Fishing
New at MRO.com!
SALE, SALE, SALE!
C.C. Filson Co.
Angler's Book Supply
Angler's Sport Group
B.K. Products Inc
FREE GROUND SHIPPING
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
Orvis Silver Sonic Convertibles
Orvis Silver Sonic Convertibles
View Larger Image
Silver Sonic Convertibles- small
Silver Sonic Convertibles- medium
Silver Sonic Convertibles- medium/short
Silver Sonic Convertibles- medium/long
Silver Sonic Convertibles- large
Silver Sonic Convertibles- large/short
Silver Sonic Convertibles- large/long
Silver Sonic Convertibles- x-large
Silver Sonic Convertibles- x-large/short
Silver Sonic Convertibles- xx-large
Silver Sonic Convertibles- xx-large/short
E-mail this product to a friend
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our
These are hard-wearing, everyday waders for the serious angler. One of the most versatile waders on the market today and truly the best wader that Orvis has ever offered.....by a long-shot!!!
Orvis developed and patented the technology to construct waders using sonic welds, which are stronger than stitched seams and are inherently waterproof as opposed to seams where threads are stitched through fabric. Their original Pack and Travel Sonic Seam waders were of minimal design- no bells and whistles, just lightweight, durable waders- in fact so durable that original field testers are still wearing four-year-old waders that have not developed a single leak.
To construct these waders, Orvis developed a proprietary nylon fabric that is extremely strong and abrasion resistant. In conventional waders, fabric is overlapped and sewn with thread, and the seam holes must be covered with waterproof seam tape. Seams on Orivs SonicSeam Waders are edge welded with an ultrasonic process producing a slim, totally waterproof seam that is stronger than a conventional sewn seam. (Although the seams of the Orvis Sonic Waders are already 100% Waterproof, they still use seam tape for added insurance).
Orvis has now introduced their Silver Sonic Convertible Top Waders, with added features requested by guides and anglers who had grown to love the originals. The new Silver Sonic Convertibles offer true ergonomically sculpted feet for more comfort and better fit, and more pockets, including a double airlock waterproof pocket for cell phones and compact cameras. A roll down feature for the uppers transforms chest waders into waist waders instantly, without removing suspenders. Seam strength has been improved even more, with a new process that offers 50% stronger seams.
Fish dry...and know you'll stay that way!
* Main wader is made of the same durable 4-layer nylon fabric as the pack-and-travel waders while the upper is a lighter weight 4-layer nylon
* Featuring the patented Orivs SonicSeam technology- all thread and stitch holes are eliminated and seams are double reinforced prolonging the life of the wader dramatically
* An innovative suspension system allows you to convert them to waist-highs without removing suspenders
* Front zippered pocket is highly water resistant and an ideal storage place for fly boxes while a flip-out interior waterproof pocket can hold cameras, cell phones or fishing licenses
* Attached gravel guards feature a quick-drain panel to keep you moving
* Strategically placed lower leg seams run up the back of the wader, reducing abrasion
* Easy adjusting wader belt included
* Outer shell is 100% nylon
# of Ratings:
(Only registered customers can rate)
There are no comments for this product.
Store Policies & Info
© MadRiverOutfitters.com 2015. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development by