If you're a devotee of the casting nuances of the slow action rod, a student of it's historic ties to our sport, or just like the thrill of moving in close to actively feeding fish, consider the new CIRCA a reward for your years of dedication. But be warned: the CIRCA does not mimic the type of slow action that has so far defined the category- overly soft, willowy and flat. Instead, thanks to Konnetic technology's ability to compact and align more carbon fibers into a smaller diameter blank, Sage was able to design a radically narrow taper throughout the length of the rod, resulting in a consistently slow, yet responsive action from butt to tip. The new CIRCA is a technologically advanced slow-action rod that honors your slower, more deliberate casting style, yet is still every bit a SAGE.
Some people confuse fast-action rods with casting proficiency. Fact is, it takes more skill and proper technique to master a slower action, a truth many venerable dry fly purists are only too happy to confirm. In the hands of a seasoned caster, the CIRCA simply comes alive. Casts are methodically smooth and graceful, yet pleasantly crisp and purposeful. The CIRCA's wider loop and telltale sensitivity gives you the precision control needed for delicate presentations. When you first pick up a CIRCA, you'll swear your hands and eyes are playing tricks on you; it simply can't be this slender and light. This little rod is the definition of "fishy" and if you're not a slow-action fan yet, you soon will be.
CIRCA Collection of Rods
* Advanced slow action
* Konnetic Technology construction
* Green Tea shaft color
* Olive primary thread wraps with Slate trim wraps
* Black aluminum winding check
* Fuji ceramic stripper guides
* Hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
* Custom Sage snub-nose, half-wells cork handle
* Vera wood insert and black aluminum reel seat
* Black rod bag with iridescent Black Hills Gold silkscreen
* 1 5/8" Desert Gold-colored tube with black end cap and screw cap
* All models of the SAGE CIRCA fly rods are featured here