Lee Wulff spent a lifetime pursuing larger fish on lighter tackle. He frequently used a one-piece, six-foot bamboo rod- similar to this- to catch trout and salmon up to 26 lbs!Royal Wulff Products has lovingly recreated the Classic bamboo rod for true sportsmen who share his love for a sporting challenge. Six feet, one-piece medium action for a 5 weight line, this rod is made to Lee's original tapers by an experienced cane builder and friend of Lee.
Each rod is hand crafted from Tonkin cane that is cured, then cut to exacting tolerances, assembled and impregnated for a crisp action. Accented with deep blue wraps on hardened chrome snake guides. Features a small cigar grip of premium Portugese cork, nickel silver butt cap and sliding ring. Comes with aluminum rod tube and cloth sack. 2.5 oz.
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details. Please note that these rods pair extremely well with the Lee Wulff Bamboo fly line.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you (no need to buy backing)..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: