What do big fish that live in and around all types of heavy cover have in common? Once hooked they will kick your butt before burrowing into the thickest junk they can find! Don’t let them kick your rod’s butt too. The new “Mini Magnum” was designed, with help from Nick Curcione, well, to kick butt back.
The 8’ Mini Magnum rods utilize Temple Fork’s Bluewater Technology (a hybrid combination of S-Glass and high-modulus carbon fiber for exceptional lifting power and casting ability), but is equally at home in both fresh and salt waters. So go ahead and throw your favorite popper into that tight spot, once eaten there’s enough butt strength to yard bucketmouth & pike out of the lily pads, rip mossback yellows & seabass from the kelp beds or haul backcountry snook & tarpon away from the mangroves.
Every Bluewater rods goes through TFO’s proprietary TiCr coating process twice, adding power and durability. The rich blue granite finish on the 3 piece Mini Mag blank is quite distinctive. The rod itself features oversized titanium-oxide stripping and snake guides, a channeled and cushioned up-locking reel seat, and flor grade full wells grip and fighting butt.
These rods are featured as 6-8wt (200-300 grains) and then 8-10wt (300-400 grains).
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: