While some might argue that properly executed Spey casts are the highest form of fly casting, we would probably all agree that these casts are visually compelling, personally gratifying, and a wonderful way to present a fly to a fish. For a collective 65 years, two Pacific Northwest Spey Casters, Mike Kinney and Bob Meiser have perfected this art and have shared their knowledge through guiding, teaching, and perhaps most importantly, by designing a new line of Spey rods, the Deer Creek Series of two handed spey rods. Of course...from the folks at TFO!
The Deer Creek Series rods have casting properties that marry perfectly with modern spey lines. They have a unique progressive-regressive traditional action making them ideal for executing all types of Spey and Skagit casts. These blanks are a beautiful translucent dark amethyst color with fittings and components selected by Mike and Bob.
All models of the TFO Deer Creek Series Spey and Two Handed fly rods featured here:
TF 5/6 126 5 DC 5/6 Wt.12'6"5pc7.6 oz350-550 grains
TF 6/7 130 5 DC 6/7 Wt.13'0"5pc8.9 oz400-650 grains
TF 7/8 130 5 DC 7/8 Wt.13'0"5pc8.7 oz450-700 grains
TF 8/9 136 5 DC 8/9 Wt.13'6"5pc9.5 oz550-800 grains***The Deer Creek Series DO come with a case...unlike most TFO rods.
As with all TFO fly rods, these Deer Creek Spey rods feature TFO's Unconditional LIfetime Warranty. $25.00 repair charge and 24 hour turnaround!
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel and a line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: