The Bass II is an advanced performance rod that generates higher line speeds, provides greater accuracy and easier line pickup. This lighter weight bass rod has a very smooth feel but with maximum leverage to fight aggressive predators and pull big fish from cover. These rods perform the job of line pick up, back-cast, and redelivery with no false cast needed. It is the perfect tool for accurately casting big, wind resistant flies from a kayak, canoe and other small personal craft. It's also the best choice for fishing in mangroves and salt marshes where accuracy in close quarters is difficult with standard length rods. BASS II is versatile for many different species and conditions.
This family of rods includes theBluegill, the Smallmouth, the Largemouth and the new Peacock bass model which is designed to pursue large, aggressive warm water species such as Pike, Muskie and Peacock Bass.
* Fast action
* Graphite III construction
* Built within tournament specifications
* Tree Frog Green shaft color
* Rust, gold and black thread wraps
* Fuji ceramic stripper guides
* Hard chromed snake guides
* Saltwater safe, red anodized aluminum reel seat
* Pre-shaped cork handle 6 1/2" full-wells grip is customized for each rod size
* Fighting butt
* Olive ballistic cloth rod/reel tube with logo and series embroidery
* Sage BASS II taper line included that is specifically designed for this rod
SAGE Bass II Bluegill Fly Rod- 7'11"- 4pc- 230gr-3 3/8 oz- comes with specialty fly line
* Please remember, if you decide to "Make this an Outfit".....simply purchase a reel to go with this rod and line and tell us which hand your retrieve the reel with. We'll load up the reel properly and the backing will be on us! Click the "Outfit" tab above for more details.
* A tailored fit in a fashion-led style that works to create a slim silhouette.
* Barbour Tailored Fit shirts are trim fitting. You may consider going a size up from your normal depending on your shape and how you want them to fit.
* Garment actual measurement is shoulder to shoulder
|Chest size (inches)
|Collar size (inches)
|Sleeve Length (inches)
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: