On the flats, blue water or anywhere in between, your first shot is always the best shot. But, as experienced saltwater anglers know, sometimes that first shot means the bonefish you didn’t see until it was right here, and other times it’s an upwind bait ball way out there.
Introducing the new Xi3 Series saltwater fly rods. Through their exclusive SaltH2O Technology, SAGE Xi3 rods provide a groundbreaking level of torque and torsion resistance for superior tracking and less wasted energy at all distances. SaltH2O’s unique layer interface and proprietary resin also combine for maximum strength—even in high heat environments—and significantly less weight.
This increased strength comes in handy when you need to lean on powerful saltwater bruisers. Just as importantly, it gives you the backbone to pick up 60 or 70 feet of line on desperate second (and last) chance casts.
Sage's G5 construction adds improved line feel for easier, more intuitive casting, and specialized saltwater-specific components complete the package. In other words, the new Xi3 is everything you need to make that first shot count.
We are proud to feature all models of the Sage Xi3 fly rods here!
* Aggressive fast action in 4-piece configuration
* Proprietary taper design using SaltH20 Technology
* Pacific-blue shaft color
* Electra blue trip wraps/cobalt blue primary wraps
* Fuji hard chrome plated- stripping guides feature Alconite ceramic inserts which offer the utmost durability and linewear resistance
* Tip tops and snake guides are oversized on all models for ease of line movement
* All models have saltwater safe Black anodized reels reel seat, cork and EVA fighting butt, easy-grip, heavy-knurled lock rings and full-wells cork grips
* Black fabric rod bag with Silver silk-screen
* Powder coated Blue aluminum tube with Grey silkscreened Sage logo
* 2nd pic is of the cool new "fore grip" on the 11wt and 12wt- 1190 and 1290