Orvis' new large arbor Mirage fly reel combines superior performance and a great price to put it in a class all by itself. Using the same principles employed for the brakes of fighter jets, the carbon to stainless drag gives smooth, consistent, and infinitely-adjustable stopping power—from free spooling to a dead stop.
Size VII in gold only.
Mirage LA VII Shallow for line weights 11-13; 11.7 oz., 5" diameter.
- A completely sealed and maintenance-free drag, impervious to saltwater, dirt, grit and other corrosive elements to last longer and hold up to real world abuse.
- A positive-click drag knob for accurate and repeatable drag settings.
- True large arbor performance picks up line fast to give you the edge over all fresh and saltwater big game fish: from steelhead to bonefish, stripers, tarpon, tuna, marlin, and sails.
- Crafted of strong yet lightweight anodized 6061 T6 aluminum with a heavily-ventilated spool to shed weight yet keep its strength.
- Special handle shape reduces line from catching.
- Aggressive diamond knurling on knob for easier grasp and adjustment mid-battle.
- Quick release spool and easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve.
- Color here is Black Nickel but also available in Gold
All at the best price for a high performance big game large arbor reel. The VII size comes with two spool choices. Pick the high-capacity deep spool for blue water species or the “freak” spool for the highest amount of line pick up for the serious tarpon angler, nearly a foot per crank and nearly 40% faster line pick up than the Size VI reel with the same spool capacity.