Ideal for those seeking very very delicate casting and for fishing smaller streams, the Tenkara USA Iwana feels extremely light-weight and with its 6:4 action, very precise. The progressive taper, ultra-light weight, and tip action provides for great battles, even when hooking the smaller fish. Quality and strength are by no means compromised, and landing large fish is not unheard of (8lbs mentioned on a forum thread!). If you are going to streams where 12 inch trout are trophies this is the rod.
These rods have a beautiful "glossy carbon" finish, where you can see the high-quality carbon fiber material through a nice glossy finish.
12ft (360cm) rod specs
NOTE: Due to the telescopic nature of the rods, and the fact that we rounded the numbers to have a clean metric-to-English conversion, rod lengths may vary slightly from indicated.
Closed size: 20 1/2 inches (52cm) including 1/2" cap
Handle length: 11 inches (23cm)
Made in China with Japanese materials
The Tenkara USA Iwana 12' comes with a really cool rod tube. Also available as a kit option. "Kit" Includes a #4.5 level line, and a 10.5' Traditional Tenkara Line....everything you need to get started in Tenkara. The kit is listed as an option above in the drop down menu.
*Every rod is backed by the Tenkara USA warranty and excellent customer service. In case of problems, please contact us for the quickest solution on getting your rod fixed. Typically only shipping charges may apply and we may be able to send you the parts to fix the rod yourself. Please use only tippet of 7lbs (~3.5kg) breaking strength or less, and please read the instructions on how to use the rods.
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you (no need to buy backing)..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: