Handcrafted from start to finish in Montrose, Colorado by the skilled artisans at Scott Fly Rod Company, A4 rods feature many of the technological and process innovations that have been features in top end Scott rods.
The blanks are designed and rolled with multi-modulus lay ups on compound taper mandrels, and are connected using Scott’s industry leading low mass sleeve ferrule design.
A4 rods are smooth casting high line speed rods with very low physical weights. They recover very quickly and cast super flat, very precise loops, yet load progressively and transmit feel extremely well.
Like all Scott rods, design and craftsmanship are more than just blank design. Components and construction were carefully chosen to deliver top performance with the anglers needs in mind.
New grip shapes were turned from Super grade cork to provide greater feel, TiCh coated reel seats with self aligning slide hoods make rigging easy and protect the hardware from harsh elements, and TiCh stripping guides feature SiC inserts.
The component group is truly best in class.
A4 rods cover a wide variety of fishing situations from small creeks to inshore and saltwater flats.
So whether you like to pursue trout, panfish, salmon, or tarpon, there are A4 rods designed to get the job done better.
All models of Scott A4 fly rods featured here:
A4753/4- 7'6" 3wt 4pc
A4803/4- 8' 3wt 4pc
A4804/4- 8' 4wt 4pc
A4854/4- 8'6" 4wt 4pc
A4855/4- 8'6" 5wt 4pc
A4904/4- 9' 4wt 4pc
A4905/4- 9' 5wt 4pc
A4906/4- 9' 6wt 4pc
A4907/4- 9' 7wt 4pc
A4908/4- 9' 8wt 4pc
A4956/4- 9'6" 6wt 4pc
A4957/4- 9'6" 7wt 4pc
A4958/4- 9'6" 8wt 4pc
A41004/4- 10' 4wt 4pc
A41005/4- 10' 5wt 4pc
A41006/4- 10' 6wt 4pc
A41007/4- 10' 7wt 4pc
A41008/4- 10' 8wt 4pc
For information on shipping, returns, our guarantee and more....please see our FAQ page
Note: We've decided to stop using BuySafe in favor of Google Trusted Stores.
Make it an Outfit!
It's simple! Buy a Rod, Reel and Fly Line on our online store. Then, when you check out....simply write in the "Order Notes" section- Make it an Outfit!
We'll load up the appropriate amount and size of backing and the line on the reel for you..... the backing and proper rigging is on the house and of course the shipping is FREE!!
That's right, buy a combo of a fly rod, fly reel and fly line...and we'll put it together for you!
* Fly Line Backing comes in 20lb and 30lb test. It also comes in white, chartreuse and orange colors. Please specify if you have a particular need or want....if not specified, we will put on what we feel is appropriate for the outfit.
* Please specify whether you are right or left hand retrieve so that we can set-up and load the reel properly- put this in the "Order Notes" as well.
* Feel free to call us or e-mail us with any questions as we will also do the same if we have any for you.
We are passionate about putting together the Fly Rod and Reel Outfit of your dreams and have just made it easier than ever!
- Pick a Fly Rod HERE
- Pick any Fly Reel HERE
- Pick any Fly Line HERE
- Write in the "Order Notes" to "Make it an Outfit" and be sure to tell us whether you reel with your right or left hand
- Call us or e-mail if you have any questions or specific rigging requests
It's easy and secure to buy your fly rod and reel outfit with: